- Permaculture ethics and principles
- Permaculture design methodologies
- Health class & nutrition
- Tropical ecology
- Water conservation
- Soil fertility strategies: micro-organisms, mulch, composting,
- Organic gardening
- Plant propagation
Big Island Farms is an education center, working permaculture farm, and community-centered around environmental sustainability and regenerative agriculture, and we would love to host your groups.
What can we offer?
Permaculture and Agroforestry
- Nursery work
- Fruit tree care
- Garden composting
- Food Forest maintenance
- Orchard maintenance
- Garden maintenance
- Macadamia orchard restoration and management workshops.
- Marine biology workshop with a class on how to make your own coral reef safe sunscreen lotion
With Local Partners
- Beekeeping workshop
- Introduction to Hawaiian Culture & Values, Lei Making Workshop
- Coconut expertise, opening with your own hands, and everything you need to know about coconut and how to survive in the jungle.
- Lau Lapau workshop (Hawaiian medicinal plant workshop)
- Hui Mālama Ola Nā ʻŌiwi
- Ulu Mau Puanui
Check out some of our off-site excursions!
Facilities and Accomodation
- 8 Cabanas equipped with air mattresses (2-3 people each)
- Note: Must bring sleeping bags and pillows
- Commercial kitchen fully equipped to cook for large groups
- Note: All meals must be vegetarian
- Class hall & Chill spaces
- 4 X Hot showers
- Washing machine on site
- Note: Must bring laundry soap
- High-speed Internet
- Propane for kitchen stoves and showers
- Introduction about our farm and farm tour
$50 PER DAY / PER PERSON – COVERS ROOM AND BOARD, WITH ACCESS TO OUR COMMERCIAL KITCHEN.
Note: Additional activities (Wool workshop, farm to table, guided excursions etc.) may have extra associated costs.